Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm a Winner!

I just started getting into digital scrapbooking, and have been finding tons of great freebie kits around the Internet! This is my first attempt at making a digital scrapbooking page:

It features my great-great-grandmother, Berber "Barbara" J. (DeJONG) VALK with her grandson, Gerrit John HEIDEMA, Jr., around 1919. The backgrounds and all the elements except for the green ribbon were from A-liya's Christmas Around the World freebie kit, while the green ribbon was from Nore's Nice-ities, who also put out a Christmas Around the World freebie kit. There are 113 kits in the Christmas Around the World event, and they are free to grab until the end of the year!

I added A-liya's blog to my Google Reader, and then found out she was having a drawing for this lovely Breathtaking Winter kit, so I signed up:



Well, today I got an e-mail saying I had won! I'm so delighted. Thank you, A-liya!

No comments: