Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

I haven't written on this blog in ages, but I thought I would post a recipe that is one of my favorites. I recently bought a bunch of canned pumpkin at Costco because I love using pumpkin in a variety of dishes and recipes. This morning I woke up craving pumpkin pancakes, although I didn't get to making them until lunchtime. This recipe comes from Washington State University Extension's Nutrition Program (I think). My special needs classroom has several people from the Extension come in once a week to do a cooking class for our students and I believe I got this recipe last year from them.



2 c. flour
3 T. brown sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. allspice
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 egg
2 T. oil
2 T. vinegar

Mix the dry ingredients and the moist ingredients separately, then combine and mix well. Batter will be lumpy. Pour by 1/4 cupful onto a heated and greased griddle. Serve with butter or peanut butter and syrup. Especially good with sausage on the side. Makes 4-6 servings.

These pancakes refrigerate very well, and I usually make up extra to eat later in the week.

No comments: