Friday, July 27, 2007

This Week's News

This week has been hot, hot, hot! Actually, it's been this way all summer. We never did have our cooling beginning-of-summer rains, so things are really parched around here. My laptop is having problems connecting to the Internet. I took it to the library last Saturday to try to connect to the library's hot spot. That didn't work. When I got it home, the wireless card seemed to work fine, but the network connection was gone. A long call to my ISP tech person didn't help. I called my husband's nephew, who helps us with so many of our computer issues. He worked on it for an hour and a half, and finally got a connection, but it failed about five minutes after he left.

I called our ISP tech person again today. I think we have it partially figured out; but I need help figuring out how to reconfigure the rest of the settings, and I couldn't get back through to tech support.

Missy was at church camp all this week. While there, she received a text message from one of her friends informing her that the little sister of another friend had passed away on Monday. You can see Maddie's obituary here. I felt so badly that I wasn't there when Missy heard the news, and of course, I feel badly for Maddie's family.

It's just kind of been a rotten week, and I'm glad it's almost over.

No comments: